Adoption Through Collaborative Partnerships (ATCP)
Families formed by adoption almost always experience unique and stressful challenges. Our team of dedicated, knowledgeable, and caring professionals is available to help you promote and sustain positive family dynamics and relationships in a variety of ways. It is our goal to provide the services and support necessary for each waiting child to achieve permanency through adoption and continue to thrive after permanency is accomplished.
Pre-Adoption Services are provided at no cost to the LDSS and adoptive family, thanks to a generous grant provided by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Adoption Services for adoptive families:
- Adoption support, education, and advocacy for the child and adoptive family
- Lifebook work
- Adoption books and resources for child and family
- Information on Tax info/ Tax credit
- Information on Post-Adoption Services
Adoption Services available for Local Department of Social Services:
Adoption Specialists are trained to complete all adoption paperwork. DSS workers can identify what assistance they require on a case by case basis.
- Case File Review
- Full Disclosure of Child Information form
- Screening Tool for Adoption Assistance
- Application for Adoption Assistance
- Negotiation Referral and Packet
- Adoption Assistance Agreement
- Adoptive Placement Agreement
- Board Consent to Adopt packet
- Case information to Adoption Attorney
- Report of Investigation
- Commissioner’s Confidential Report
- Recruitment services (child specific)
Referrals may be made by the local departments of social services once Termination of Parental Rights has been achieved. For questions or to learn more about pre-adoption services, please contact Misti at 276.623.0881 ext. 1508 or email@example.com.
Wendy’s Wonderful Kids
Through the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids program, the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption partners with adoption agencies to hire recruiters who implement the Foundation’s child-focused recruitment model. This evidence-based model has been proven up to 3x more effective at serving children who have been in foster care the longest, including teenagers, children with special needs and siblings.
• Collaborate with a youth’s team of caseworkers.
• Start by searching the youth’s network of existing relationships.
• Work with smaller caseloads to ensure monthly visits and provide each youth as much attention as he or she deserves.
• Assist with adoption preparation for youth and their matched family.
• Help youth in APPLA achieve legal permanency and decreases the number of youth who age out of care.
To learn more and refer a child to the program, contact Wendy’s Wonderful Kids recruiter Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.384.0553.