Post-adoption Consortium Services System
Working to Ensure Easy Access to the Services and Supports Adoptive Families Need to Thrive
The Regional Post-Adoption Consortium Services (RPACS) system is a new and innovative approach to the development and delivery of services and supports for adoptive families throughout the Commonwealth. It is funded by a generous grant from the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Through this new system DePaul, with assistance from key partner Commonwealth Catholic Charities, is able to offer the following FREE services, to ALL adoptive families whose child is under the age of 18, and who reside in the Western and Piedmont regions of the state:
Basic post-adoption services
Basic post-adoption services are foundational services that all families are likely to need at some point in their adoption. Basic services include:
- Information and referral
- Level I case management (monthly communications and resource sharing)
- Education, training, support, and advocacy for adoptive parents, youth and family natural supports
Enhanced post-adoption services
Not all families will need enhanced post-adoption services; however, these services are known to be important for adoption stability. They include:
- Peer support
- Level II (comprehensive) case management characterized by personalized family plan development and coordination with other service providers to address each family’s unique needs and goals
- Planned respite activities
Intensive post-adoption services
These crisis-support services are needed by relatively few families, but they are critically important when needed. Currently, this includes 24-hour emergency phone support for adoptive families and connection to area crisis services as appropriate. Based on assessed regional family needs, the consortium may expand crisis support in the coming years.
The Adoptive Family After Hours Crisis Line is 855-554-5240.
For families that live outside the service area, see links below to contact the lead service providing agency in your area:
NORTHERN REGION: adoptionsupport.org/post-adoption-case-management-for-virginia/
CENTRAL AND EASTERN REGION: umfs.org/services/foster-care-adopt/adoption-services/
Monthly Support Groups and Events
Based on your feedback we have updated our virtual group support activities, which are being offered for FREE to all our post-adoptive families. We can’t wait for the day when we can safely gather in person, but until that time we hope to see you at one or more of our monthly online events!
|Navigating Educational Needs||January 5, 2021 @ 6:00pm|
|Serenity of Sound||January 11, 2021 @ 7:00pm|
|The Connected Child Book Study – Part 1 – Evening||January 12, 2021 @ 6:30pm|
|The Connected Child Book Study – Part 1 – Morning||January 14, 2021 @ 10:00am|
|Open Caregivers||January 14, 2021 @ 6:00pm|
|Kids’ Night In||January 14, 2021 @ 6:00pm|
|Transracial Adoptions||January 19, 2021 @ 6:00pm|
|Navigating Birth Family Relationships||January 25, 2021 @ 6:00pm|
|The Connected Child Book Study – Part 2 – Evening||January 26, 2021 @ 6:30pm|
|The Connected Child Book Study – Part 2 – Morning||January 28, 2021 @ 10:00am|
|Minecraft||January 28, 2021 @ 4:00pm|
|It’s You I Like – Music class with Kari Thomas Kovick||January 30, 2021 @ 10:00am|
More about the consortium system:
- Each consortium is a group of organizations working together in a single region with the goal of establishing and ensuring the delivery of comprehensive post-adoption services and supports that strengthen adoptive families and prevent adoption disruption.
- Collaborative consortium decisions will continually guide and enrich post-adoption services over time in each region. In this first year of system development, the grant supports a priority array of services (see above) provided by DePaul along with key partner Commonwealth Catholic Charities.