DePaul Community Resources is pleased to announce the appointment of DePaul President and CEO Amanda Noell Stanley to Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s administration.
Amanda’s appointment to the State Executive Council for Children’s Services was announced June 22.
The council is a supervisory panel who oversees the administration of services and funding under the Children’s Services Act, which was enacted in 1993 to create a collaborative system of state and local support for troubled and at-risk youth and their families in Virginia.
“My appointment really reflects on the place where I work,” Amanda said. “We are an agency committed to highly individualized, community-based care that happens in permanent families. These are values that align well with the Children’s Services Act, a program designed to revolutionize care by providing it collaboratively and in the settings where people are at their best: in homes and in communities.”
Amanda’s first job out of college was with a local Children’s Services Act program in Bedford, and she said it was that position that solidified her commitment to children’s services.
Other new appointments and reappointments to the council include:
- The Honorable Mary W. Biggs of Blacksburg, Member, Montgomery County Board of Supervisors
- Courtney Gaskins, PhD of Warrenton, Vice President of Programs, Youth for Tomorrow
- The Honorable Willie T. Greene, Sr. of Galax, Vice Mayor, City of Galax
- The Honorable Catherine M. Hudgins of Fairfax, Member, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- R. Morgan Quicke of Warsaw, County Administrator, County of Richmond
- Jessica J. Stern of Glen Allen, Co-Founder & COO, Connect Our Kids